Birchwood Neighbourhood Nursing
On Sunday 13th October 2013 Angie Romain was commissioned as Life Church’s first Neighbourhood Nurse.
Angie has begun with surgeries 10.30 to 12.30 every Thursday at The Hub 129 Birchwood Avenue.
Angie is a Registered Nurse currently working in Nottingham. She has over
30 years experience, working in hospitals, clinics and the community.
In the Birchwood area Angie heads up the Local Neighbourhood Nursing Team.
She is a member of Life Church Lincoln where she is also involved in Life Church’s children’s work.
She is a single mother who has brought up 3 girls mostly on her own.
Angie is one of over 100 Parish Nurses in the UK.
What is a Neighbourhood Nurse?
- A Local Service
- General Health Advice
- Links people to Health Services
- Whole Person Care
- Nursing Professional
The Neighbourhood Nurse is an experienced Registered Nurse whose knowledge is supported by a specialist Parish Nursing education programme.
Working alongside local churches and healthcare providers Neighbourhood Nurses/Parish Nurses, work to bring wholeness, not only to the physical but also the spiritual aspects of individuals lives.
It is a free service for people whatever their belief. Although rooted in the Christian understanding of health and wholeness, it is offered unconditionally.
Neighbourhood Nurses do not put any pressure on people to change their religion.
What can the Neighbourhood Nursing Team do for YOU?
- Provide information on healthcare topics, both by one to one contact and in a group
- Help you to understand your disease or condition
- Identify needs & help the individual to access self-help and support groups
- Take your blood pressure
- Link you to your GP & other healthcare professionals as appropriate
- Act as an advocate at doctors and other healthcare appointments
- Provide practical support through a voluntary team of workers
- Offer prayer and a listening ear
- Offer support through difficult circumstances
- Help you to see a link between faith and whole person health
Anyone is welcome for support & advice.
Contact your Neighbourhood Nurse
Mobile: 07722 609 661 (Please leave a message: messages are checked daily)
Angie is also available at the
Neighbourhood Nursing Surgery
10.30 – 12.30
@ The Life Church HUB
129 Birchwood Avenue
Please feel free to come along any Thursday for a chat with Angie.
We offer free coffees, teas and other refreshments.